Labels (choose what you want to read about)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Kingdom of the blind

My attention was today drawn to this amusing article about the vatican's pov on contraceptives: Condoms sometimes permissible to stop AIDS: Pope
The subject of the vatican's pea-headed resistance to contraceptive usage is of course not new. I am reminded of the Daily Mash article run in 2008 when the pope said something to the effect: "Global warming is not a problem, gay communities are". Enjoy the gross satire.

But reading the latest news piece just makes me think: aint some pople* so so blind? I mean, my current thoughts are that devotion and belief in god in a person/family/society reduces with increasing prosperity and well being. Its majorly those in strife or some form of occasional / recurring trouble that turn to god and vest their hopes in a higher being. The ones doing well just dont care.

And that is where the pope and his gang of primitive beings come in. Growing up in a modern developed society (the West), there are still these sects of people who remain inveterately and unbelievably Blind.

Thats it. Thats the end of the blog. Really. Nothing more coming. I dont feel like writing an essay on theism and atheism. All I will do is make one twittoral (and vague?) statement:

Belief in god partly stems from the human mind's wired-in sense of establishing causality.

(* I swear the pun showed itself through a typo and I couldnt resist)

No comments:

Post a Comment